Our farm-focussed vets are proud to offer a modern, progressive yet personal service to our farm clients. We work alongside you to get the best out of your herd or flock, optimising the health, welfare and profitability of your animals.
Both farming and veterinary medicine have changed and progressed dramatically since our inception in 1953. Our forward-thinking vets embrace the advances in knowledge and technology to provide the most up-to-date care, while maintaining our traditional values. We recognise that every farm is unique; every herd and flock has its own set of challenges. By getting to know you and your herd/flock individually, we endevour to provide a tailor-made service to help you reach your targets in the most cost-effective way.
Services we offer include, but are not limited to:
- Routine fertility work including diagnosis and treatment of fertility problems, tightening of calving patterns, synchronisation and pregnancy scanning in cattle
- Personalised herd and flock health plans, including Red Tractor accreditation
- CHeCS accredited health schemes, e.g. PCHS, Biobest Hihealth Scheme
- Infectious disease investigation and control
- Nutritional and metabolic disease prevention and treatment
- Private TB testing by one of our own practicing vets (for non-government funded tests)
- Milk quality improvement and mastitis prevention plans, including Milksure training and accreditation
- BCVA Action Johnes advisors, qualified to deliver the National Johnes Management Plan
- Full 24/7 emergency service
Our large team of vets have interests spanning all aspects of sheep, pig, goat, camelid, poultry and equine work. We enjoy a great relationship with our small-holder clients and are happy to advise on husbandry and preventative healthcare, as well as providing routine and 24-hour emergency veterinary treatment. We travel over a wide geographical area, covering most of East Sussex, parts of West Sussex and Kent, but are also happy to see your animals at the practice, if you would rather bring them to us!