The companion animal section of the practice has grown beyond all recognition since the practice started in 1953. In those days companion animal consultations were only held once a day between 2 and 2.30pm.
Times of surgery:
Monday to Friday: 8am – 6pm by appointment
Saturday mornings: 8:30am – 11am by appointment
Call the surgery on 01825 764268 to make an appointment.
In the case of an emergency or if you need urgent advice please phone the surgery number on 01825 764268. Outside surgery hours your call will be forwarded to a messaging service who will take your contact details and a brief summary of the emergency. This information will be forwarded to the Duty Vet who will be in contact with you as soon as possible
Our small animal services include:
- Advice on routine health care and prevention
- Vaccination programmes for cats, dogs and rabbits.
- Pet Travel Health Certification and Rabies Vaccination
- Nurse clinics providing excellent advice on weight, nutrition, nail clipping, worming and grooming. Nurses are also able to remove stitches and perform post-operative checks. See the “nurse clinic” section for more information.
- Modern surgical facilities with digital X-ray and ultrasound imaging.
- House visits can be arranged. There are many cases when getting to the animal to the surgery is essential but on occasion this is not possible and we are happy to come to you if necessary.
- We hold clinics with outside specialists including a cardiologist and ultrasonographer
- All our vets attend regular continuing professional development courses to keep up to date with any changes in veterinary medicine and surgery.
- Donal O’Leary is an experience practitioner in acupuncture and he uses it to treat a number of conditions and patients.